Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Beginning

I signed up for this blog three weeks ago, and then waffled about it. After all, does the world need another blog? Like another hole in the ozone, although I’ve heard that’s on the mend, so maybe there’s hope for me yet.

Not that anyone is going to see this from the greater Blogosphere. I’m compulsively checking my settings to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Right about now I should explain my purpose. I hate making pronouncements and setting goals. I’m very resistant to both. Which is why I’m doing this right now:

--To document the struggle to go from apprentice to journeyman writer (or freshman to sophomore, as writing guru Randy Ingermanson might put it.)

--To list my writing goals where I, God, and a select few can see them.

--To review (as needed) films, books and other media.

--To rant, but always thoughtfully.

I have wanted to be a writer since I self-published a book about cats in the first grade. I am a near-lifelong diarist, having kept a diary on and off since 1971. Or possibly sooner. I will fact-check that and get back to you :)

No comments: